Focusing on the future rather than the past results in better financial and parenting decisions, P. Lindley Bain, a partner in the GoransonBain Ausley Austin office, believes, and counsels clients to strive for healthy, attainable goals while minimizing the conflict. Lindley concentrates on financially complex divorces, high-conflict custody matters, and property agreements. Lindley is board certified in Family Law. She practices both collaborative and traditional litigation with both creativity and compassion, while customizing the exceptional family law service to each client’s needs.
Lindley recognizes the importance of a future-focused, constructive, and strategic approach to contested family matters in order to achieve good results for families. Lindley understands that a child custody dispute can be costly and destructive yet sometimes necessary to protect the best interest of the child. Lindley is the calm voice of reason in the chaotic and tumultuous family law environment and works to minimize the conflict and the financial strain to achieve the best possible outcomes for her clients.
Relying on her background as an M.B.A. in Finance, Lindley offers a constructive and financially-minded approach to difficult valuation, property, characterization, and business issues in a divorce. Lindley is a problem-solver. She develops long-term strategies and customized, creative solutions for her clients, helping them to plan for their future goals and needs even as they solve immediate concerns such as separating property, obtaining an optimal financial package, and making parenting arrangements. Lindley uses her financial background and collaborative skills to assist non-married couples in crafting cohabitation agreements, premarital agreements, postmarital agreements, and donor and surrogacy agreements that are tailor made to meet their individual and family needs and goals.
Drawing on her extensive experience in the courtroom and at the collaborative table, Lindley assists clients in evaluating their options to achieve their objectives and safeguard what is most important to them. Guiding clients to a place where they feel educated, comfortable and confident in making important, smart decisions is a strength of Lindley’s counsel.
Lindley is a member of the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists. She serves on the board of the State Bar of Texas Collaborative Law Section. Lindley has been selected to the Texas Rising Stars list, Thomson Reuters, every year since 2010. She was named in the Up and Coming Top 100: Texas Rising Stars List in 2017 and the Up and Coming 50: Women Texas Rising Stars List in 2017. Lindley has been included in The Best Lawyers in America in the field of Family Law for 2015-2017.
Lindley received her Bachelor’s degree from Austin College and her Juris Doctor and M.B.A. in Finance from Southern Methodist University.
Areas of Practice
- Alimony & Maintenance
- Asset and Wealth Identification & Valuation
- Child Custody & Visitation
- Child Support
- Collaborative Law
- Complex Property Divisions
- Contempt & Enforcement
- Donor/Surrogacy Agreements
- Family Law
- Premarital and Post-marital Agreements
- Property Division
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, 2007
- J.D., Law
- Southern Methodist University, 2007
- M.B.A., Finance
- Austin College, Sherman, Texas, 2002
- B.A. (Cum Laude), Honors Spanish and International Studies
- “Making a Better Agreement”, State Bar of Texas, Collaborative Law Course, Co-Presenter, 2018
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the Texas Rising Stars list, Thomson Reuters, 2010 – 2018
- Up-and-Coming 100: Texas Rising Stars List, Thomson Reuters, 2018
- Up-and-Coming 50: Women Texas Rising Stars List, Thomson Reuters, 2018
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Family Law, Woodward and White Press, 2015 – 2019
- Texas, 2007
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Annette Stewart Inn of Court
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Collaborative Divorce Texas (f/k/a Collaborative Law Institute of Texas)
- Collaborative Professionals of Dallas
- Collin County Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Bar Association
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Mac Taylor Inn of Court
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law and Collaborative Law Section
- Council Member, Collaborative Law Section
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- Texas Family Law Foundation